PUBLIC NOTICE – COUNTY OF HAWAI’I
Planning Dept. Applications Submitted Jun. 2023
In accordance with Section 25-2-3(g) Division 1,
Article 2 of Chapter 25 (Zoning) of the Hawai’i County Code, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the following applications have been submitted.
WINDWARD/LEEWARD PLANNING COMMISSIONS
1.*Aloha Kia (PL-SMA-2023-032) Special Management Area Use Permit to develop a new car dealership & service station on 1.795 acs at 92 Kalaniana’ole St., S. Hilo, TMK: 2-1-006:002.
2. *Aloha Kia (PL-REZ-2023-047) Change of Zone from Resort-Hotel-750 sq. ft (V-.75) to Limited Industrial-20,00 sq. ft. (ML-20) on 1.795 acs at 92 Kalaniana’ole St., S. Hilo, TMK: 2-1-006:002.
3. *Sandra Kaneshiro (PL-REZ-2023-046) Change of Zone from Agricultural-3 acs (A-3a) to Family Agricultural-1 ac (FA-1a) on 3.160 acs at 605 Makalika St., S. Hilo, TMK: 2-2-048:092.
4. *LeeAnne & Evan Loney (PL-SPP-2023-045) Special Permit to allow a 3-bedroom B & B establishment within an existing single-family dwelling on 1.041 acs at 75-800 B Hiona St., Holualoa, N. Kona, TMK: 7-5-024:050.
5. *Thomas Tice (PL-SPP-2023-044) Special Permit to allow a new 2-bedroom B & B establishment within an existing farm dwelling on 0.2675 acs at 87-3208 Ama Rd., S. Kona, TMK: 8-7-015:045.
6. *Riann Mattheus (PL-SPP-2023-041) Special Permit to operate a 4-bedroom B & B establishment within an existing dwelling on 3 acs. at 16-1456 Moho Rd., Puna, TMKL 1-6-050:058.
7.*New Hope-Waikoloa (PL-SPP-2023-042) Special Permit for a church and related uses on 5.012 acs/ 2,153+ acs on the north side of Waikoloa Rd mauka of Waikoloa Stables, Waikoloa, TMK: 6-8-002:017.
8.*Kohala Village LLC (PL-REZ-2023-043) Change of Zone application from Single-Family Residential (RS-15) to Village Commercial (CV-10) on 4.431 acs at 55-510, 55-514 & 55-514B Hawi Rd, N. Kohala, TMKs: 5-5-010:021 (por.), 5-5-010:022 & 5-5-010:023.
ADDITIONAL FARM DWELLING AGREEMENT
1. *Axel & Michelle Kratel (PL-AFD-2023-058) on 13.618 acs. at 2893 Kaiwiki Rd., S. Hilo, TMK: 2-6-011:001.
1. *Gary L. Pinkston/Waikiloa Village Lofts West LLC (PL-PLA-2023-215) Addition of a Restroom to Pool Area on 3.665 acs. at 68-4428 Waikoloa Plaza Rd., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-8-003:045.
2. *Jon Yoshimura/ Waikoloa Green, LLC (PL-PLA-23-218) Two CBRE (Solar) Sites Per Plans on 716.63 acs. at Pua Melia St., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-8-002:016.
3. *The Vertex Companies, LLC/ Waikoloa Plaza LLC (PL-PLA-2023-219) New Gas Station with Canopy & Kiosk on 18.045 acs. at 68-1820 Waikoloa Rd., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-8-003:015.
4. *Planning Solutions, Inc./Hawaii Electric Light Co., Inc. (PL-PLA-2023-221) Continued Use as Utility Baseyard; Proposal to Extend Communications Antenna 20 ft. on 6.086 acs. at 74-5519 Kaiwi St., N. Kona, TMK: 7-4-010:022.
5. *Faith Center Property, Inc. (PL-PLA-2023-222) Church, Auditorium, & Classroom on 4.231 acs. at 81-6224 Hawaiian Belt Rd., S. Kona, TMK: 8-1-008:020.
Maps/documents are on file & open for inspection during office hours 7:45am-4:30pm at the HI County Planning Dept, 101 Pauahi St, Ste 3, Hilo, or 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy, Bldg E, 2nd Floor, Kailua-Kona.
By: ZENDO KERN, Planning Director
HI County is an Equal Opportunity Provider & Employer